Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Wild Turkey 101, A Revisit To a True Classic

It had been awhile since I'd made my way down Wild Turkey Way just off Dirty Bird Boulevard so, when perusing the bourbon section at Liquor Barn in Danville, my eyes were captured by the distinctive Wild Turkey logo and before I could say Jimmy Russell, I was enjoying a nice tumbler of Turkey in my study at home.


I wasn't disappointed at all with my re-acquaintance with the high octane bourbon but, I was surprised.  I wasn't disappointed because, from the first sip the robust and complex flavors were just as good as I remembered but, as the tasting came fairly close behind my initial sampling of Evan Williams 100 proof Bottled in Bond, I was surprised to find I actually liked the EWBIB better than the WT101.


Both bourbons have a similar rye forward flavor profile and both are just absolutely full of everything a bourbon should be but, the Evan Williams BIB has a distinctive earthiness

No comments:

Post a Comment