Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Old Charter 8 Year Old from Buffalo Trace Distillery

I had somehow forgotten just how good this bourbon from the fine folks at Buffalo Trace Distillery in Frankfort, KY is.  I've got a pretty good memory, especially when it comes to exceptional bourbon, so I put my forgetfulness down to the amount of truly good bourbons on the market these days.



From the first sip, I recalled all the flavors that cascade out of this 80 proof gem of a whiskey.  While sipping, I took a look at Buffalo Trace's website to see what they had to say about Old Charter.  They used balance as a keyword as far as flavor's concerned but, I'm not sure I agree and I'm not saying that as a negative.  I get a good dose of rye and oak that predominates the flavor profile with a little vanilla on the finish and I absolutely love it.

Old Charter also has a 10 year old release as well as a 101 proof and I'm anxious to give both a try.

Oh yeah.  I got my 750 ml bottle for under twenty bucks at The Liquor Barn on Harrodsburgh  Road in Lexington, KY, an absolute steal for a bourbon that, in my opinion, stacks up well against Buffalo Trace's signature bourbon.

No comments:

Post a Comment