Saturday, April 12, 2014

Evan Williams 1783 Small Batch

This is my second go round with Evan Williams 1783 Small Batch and I'm pleased to say, I loved it as much the second time as I did the first.  My overarching view of 1783 is that it's Evan Williams Black with just a little rounding out on the edges.  By that I mean, both are 86 proof and both are Evan Williams but, it seems the small batch barrels have been selected for their smoothness as much as their flavor profile.


I'm going to make this a relatively short post because, I'm going to get some Evan Williams Black and do a side by side taste comparison.  The 1783 is exceptional, in my opinion, and has a fantastic rye forward bourbon flavor that I really enjoy and I think a lot of bourbon enthusiasts would as well.

By the way, this 1.75 liter bottles cost me 26 bucks plus tax at the Danville, KY Liquor Barn!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment