Saturday, April 19, 2014

Ancient Age 90 First Tasting

I've lived my entire life within the borders of Kentucky but, I've never ventured into the world of Ancient Age.  I decided it was as good a time as any recently and so I picked up a bottle at my local liquor store that apparently has a rule that requires them to hire only the rudest people to work behind the counter.


I went with the 90 proof because, these days, 90 seems to be the bourbon standard that 80 proof once was.  It's hard to tell by this blog but, I've actually had bourbons in the past that I thought were horrible but, this one isn't one of them.  Yes, it's young, at 36 months in the barrel and that means not much complexity but, I don't always want a lot of complexity especially on a warm day.

It reminded me of Jim Beam quite a bit; that sort of clean rye forward flavor that would a great cocktail whiskey. I have a feeling I'm going to enjoy this bottle either neat or on the rocks thank you very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment